Medical Authorization Form Instructions
IF YOUR CADET TAKES ANY
PRESCRIPTION OR OVER –THE-COUNTER MEDICATIONS
READ THIS CAREFULLY
Tri-wing Encampment is required to be licensed by the State of Maryland as a residential camp and as such must follow state Regulations for the Administration of Medications during Tri-wing Encampment.
A Medication Authorization Form MUST be completed and signed by you AND your Cadet’s health careprovider including EVERY MEDICATION that your child will or may take during encampment.
This includes all prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Instructions for Completion of the Medication Authorization Form
1. Print the Medication Administration Authorization Form and have your health care provider
complete the dosing instructions for EACH prescription AND over-the-counter MEDICATION that
you child will or may take during Tri-wing Encampment 2019.
2. A parent/legal guardian MUST COMPLETE AND SIGN SECTION II. PARENT/GUARDIAN
AUTHORIZATION to allow supervised self-administration of medications.
3. Your health care provider MUST COMPLETE AND SIGN Section I: PRESCRIBER AUTHORIZATION.
4. If your child has a severe allergy that requires an Epi Pen, your health care provider MUST
COMPLETE AND SIGN SECTION III: AUTHORIZATION FOR SELF-ADMINISTRATION / SELF-CARRY.
A parent/guardian MUST also COMPLETE AND SIGN Section III. This will allow your cadet to
carry the Epi-Pen at all times.
5. If your child has asthma or wheezing that might require an emergency inhaler print out the form titled Asthma Action Plan. This plan must be COMPLETED AND SIGNED by a parent/guardian and your health care provider. Please see separate instructions for this document.
If you have questions or concerns about medication authorization or administration please contact Lt Silas Fishburne Tri-Wing Encampment Health Services Officer at email@example.com